BAPIC Calendar for 2017 – 2018
BAPIC Fair: Friday, January 26, 2018 (from 10am to 2pm at San Francisco, Saint Mary’s Cathedral Conference Center)
Standard BAPIC Application deadline: February 20, 2018 (postmarked/emailed by 11:59pm)
Deadline for agencies to notify applicants who are no longer under consideration: March 28
BAPIC Ranking deadline: April 4, 2018-ranking ends at 11:59pm
BAPIC Match Day: April 11, 2018-results available at 8am by logging in, and will be emailed during the day
BAPIC Clearinghouse starts: April 16, 2018 at 11am
Information regarding Clinical Outcome Measures: Guidelines for Implementing Clinical Outcomes in Psychology Practicum Training
Information regarding Considerations for Pregnancy and Family Medical Care Issues and Practicum Training
Internship Interviews and Early Start Dates for Advanced Practicum Students: Tips for Managing the Process for Students and Agencies
What is BAPIC?
The Bay Area Practicum Information Collaborative is a partnership between Bay Area Doctoral Psychology Programs and practicum agencies. BAPIC was organized in 2008 with the primary goal of centralizing practicum training information and streamlining the practicum application process for doctoral students and agencies. BAPIC is doing this by:
- Instituting an application timeline and uniform application and notification procedures.
- Developing and centralizing site description forms and other practicum training resources.
- Sharing up-to-date psychology training information with graduate programs and practicum sites.
Future plans for BAPIC:
- Develop training resources for practicum sites
- Develop stronger lines of communication between practicum training sites and doctoral programs