BAPIC Electronic Match: April 29, 2020
BAPIC Electronic match process: BAPIC uses an electronic match (e-match) process whereby students and agencies rank each other in order of preference, and then a computer program matches student rankings with agency rankings. The decision to move to the electronic match was prompted by several years of BAPIC student and agency surveys, which showed strong support for an e-match to replace the phone match system. A local organization, PracticumFit, runs the e-match.
- The primary goal of the e-match is to establish a match process that is fair for students and agencies, more organized and efficient, and uses a proven algorithm to increase the chance of more students matching and more agency positions being filled. An incidental, but relevant, benefit is to prepare students for the e-match systems used for APPIC and CAPIC internships since BAPIC will be using the same mathematical matching algorithm.
- Unlike APPIC and CAPIC, only the ranking and matching process is computerized; the application process remains the same and is not computerized. Open Match is not computerized and remains the same as previous years.
- The BAPIC directory and profiles will continue to be the primary source for information about agencies and application instructions. The ranking and match process will run through the PracticumFit website. Registration instructions for PracticumFit will be provided in the upcoming months.
Application Process: BAPIC standard application deadline: February 21, 2020 (postmarked/emailed by 11:59pm)
- As in previous years, agencies will provide application instructions in the agency profile on the BAPIC directory, which is now housed at BAPIC.practicumfit.com.
- Students may apply to up to 10 agencies unless stipulated otherwise by doctoral program. As in previous years, students can only apply to agencies approved by their doctoral program.
- The interview process is similar to previous years, agencies contact students to arrange interviews.
- Agencies notify those students they don’t intend to rank prior to the ranking deadline on April 22, 2020.
- Agencies and students are still required to keep their rank preferences confidential to ensure fairness.
PracticumFit Registration Process for students: January-February 2020 (date will depend on school)
- Students will register with PracticumFit. Each student pays an annual $50 registration fee for e-match & Open Match process when registering with PracticumFit.
- Agencies register with PracticumFit.
- Registration instructions will be provided in the upcoming months.
PracticumFit Ranking Deadline: April 22, 2020 at 11:59pm
- After the interview process is over, students log into PracticumFit and rank order agencies according to their site preferences. Students may rank up to 10 programs/tracks.
- Agencies log into PracticumFit and rank order students according to their preferences from the pool of applicants. Agencies rank only those students who they would be willing to accept as practicum students.
- PracticumFit runs a mathematical algorithm that matches students with agencies.
- Please note: Some agencies offer multiple tracks and may wish to have separate rank order lists for each track. PracticumFit will be able to accommodate these needs; additional information will be sent out at a later date.
BAPIC Match Day: April 29, 2020
- Students, agencies and schools are notified of the match outcome via email from PracticumFit.
Open Match begins: May 4, 5 days after Match Day at 11am
- Agencies will be notified on Match Day if they have filled all practicum openings or if one or more positions are still available. Agencies with openings will automatically be listed in Open Match; agencies will also have an option to opt out of the Open Match process at this step as well.
- For students who do not match on Match Day, the Open Match process will be similar to previous years. Open positions will be posted and students will send out applications by mail or email to agencies with open positions. The Open Match process is ongoing until all positions are filled. Openings may be filled at any time.
- Instructions will be provided so that agencies can notify BAPIC when openings have been filled or when new positions have been added.
We are always working to improve the e-match process, which now has three years under its belt. We appreciate input, cooperation, and commitment from everyone to make this work throughout the entire matching process. We take what we learn each year to enhance the process for the following year.